Yesterday I went in for my first NST (non-stress test). This is where I lay back and they hook me up to monitors which watch the heartrates of both babies and also monitors contractions. I was there about 45 minutes, and the babies still did not show too much fluctuation, even after having juice and graham crackers. I could feel them move though so I knew they were moving. I guess they are just running out of room ,s o their movements are not causing their heart rates to do big excellerations! The doctors did warn me that the NST is hard to do with twins, so we will probalby be doing the BPP twice a week from now on.
So after the 45 minutes, they decided that I should just do the BPP (biophysical), which is basically an ultrasound where they will check each baby for movement, fluid and the breathing action. Both babies passed with flying colors with a score of 8, which is the highest score. Baby A was a little stubborn at first, but she came around in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.